Our promise to you
- We will only ask you for personal data that is necessary to complete our service to you.
- We will only use your personal data to provide the service to you. Your data is not used, sold or shared for marketing, advertising or any other purpose other than simply offering our services to you.
- We will store and process your data securely to prevent unauthorised access or accidental loss of your private information.
- We will give you access to all the data that we hold on you upon request. You can also ask us to amend or permanently delete all data we hold on you.
- You can contact us at any time if you have queries or concerns about how we use your personal data. Please use the following contact information:
Address: Global Pet Relocation, 3 River Lane, Brampton, Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, PE28 4PU
Telephone: +44 (0)1480 437946
Information We May Collect
We will collect any information that you provide to us when you:
- make an enquiry, provide feedback or make a complaint over the phone, by email or on our website;
- submit correspondence to us by post, email or via our website;
- submit a CV or application to a job vacancy;
- ‘follow’, ‘like’, post to or interact with our social media accounts, including Facebook and Twitter; and
The information you provide to us will include (depending on the circumstances):
- Identity and contact data: title, names, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers;
- Employment and background data: If you are submitting a job application, you may also provide additional information about your academic and work history, qualifications, skills, references, proof of your entitlement to work in the UK, your national insurance number, your passport or other identity document details;
Information We Collect About You:
Information contained in correspondence: We will collect any information contained in any correspondence between us. For example, if you contact us using a query button on our website or by email or telephone, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
Website usage data: We will collect information about your interactions with the website, including information such as login data, IP address, page views, searches, requests, pre-approvals, confirmations, and other actions on the website.
Why We Need Your Data
The use of your data is to provide you with the service of relocating your pet(s). All of our staff take the handling of personal data very seriously and have training in data protection.
How We Use Information About You
We will use your information for the purposes listed below either on the basis of:
- performance of your contract with us and the provision of our services to you;
- your consent (where we request it);
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation; or
- our legitimate interests or those of a third party.
We use your information for the following purposes:
- To provide access to our website: to provide you with access to our website in a manner convenient and optimal and with personalised content relevant to you (on the basis of our legitimate interest to ensure our website is presented in an effective and optimal manner);
- User and customer support: to provide customer service and support (on the basis of our contract with you or on the basis of our legitimate interests to provide you with customer service);
- Recruitment: to process any job applications you submit to us, whether directly or via an agent or recruiter including sharing this with our third party recruitment agency (on the basis of our legitimate interest to recruit new employees or contractors);
- Social media interactions: to interact with users on social media platforms including Facebook and Twitter (on the basis of our legitimate interest in promoting our brand and communicating with interested individuals);
- Analytics: to use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences (on the basis of our legitimate interests in keep our website updated and relevant);
- Fraud and unlawful activity detection: to protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorised, or illegal activity, including identity fraud (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so);
- Compliance with policies, procedures and laws: to enable us to comply with our policies and procedures and enforce our legal rights, or to protect the rights, property or safety of our employees and share your information with our technical and legal advisors (on the basis of our legitimate interests to operate a safe and lawful business or where we have a legal obligation to do so).
Many countries have differing rules governing the import and export of live animals. To provide you with our service, your personal data may be used to:
- Confirm eligibility for your pet(s) entry to the country,
- Clear customs in country of destination.
- Prove your residency in either origin or destination.
- Collect or deliver your pet in origin or destination.
- Book flights and/or other transport for your pet.
To effectively manage your pet(s) move we may require personal data and documentation including, but not limited to:
- Passport copies.
- Personal addresses in origin and destination.
- Phone numbers.
- Email addresses.
- Home lease documentation.
- Utility bills.
- Employment contracts.
- Social security number.
What we do with your data
Once we receive your data either from you or the relocation company handling your move we process and store it internally in our UK office.
There will likely be a requirement to share your data with our preferred partner pet agents to have your pet(s) enter the country you are moving to. This could include the transfer of your data to countries outside of the European Economic Area. Your data is only ever shared for the sole purpose of relocating your pet, and may be required by government agencies, customs and border control, boarding facilities and airlines in order to fulfil the service to you.
Our preferred partner pet agents have all signed a partnership agreement outlining the rules governing personal data with regards to the GDPR. A copy of this can be provided upon request. The relocation company (if applicable) will also be aware of any data transfer from us to agent.
We will retain your information for as long as is necessary to provide you with the services that you have requested from us or for as long as we reasonably require to retain the information for our lawful business purposes, such as for the purposes of exercising our legal rights or where we are permitted to do.
If, at any point, we are made aware by you or by the relocation company that any of your data is incorrect, immediate action will be taken to rectify this in our internal system and any agent we have shared data with will also be informed and instructed to amend their records accordingly.
In the unlikely event of any data breach, we will inform you, the relocation company (if applicable) and, where required, the UK's Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) immediately.
If a request is made by you or the relocation company (if applicable) your data can be sent to you in an easily read format.
If you do not wish for cookies to be installed on your device, you can change the settings on your browser or device to reject cookies. If you do set your Internet browser to reject cookies, you may not be able to access all of the functions of the website.
You have certain rights in respect of the information that we hold about you, including:
- the right to request access to the information that we hold about you;
- the right to request that we correct or rectify any information that we hold about you which is out of date or incorrect;
- the right to object to our using your information on the basis of our legitimate interests;
- the right to receive a copy of any information we hold about you in a structured, commonly-used, machine readable format, in certain circumstances;
- in certain circumstances, the right to ask us to limit or cease processing or erase information we hold about you; and
- the right to lodge a complaint about us to the UK Information Commissioner’s Office (https://ico.org.uk/) as well as a right to lodge a complaint with the relevant authority in your country of work or residence.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current so please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
You can use http://www.cookie-checker.com/ to see what cookies your site uses and complete the table below.